Office Network Setup & Troubleshooting
Set it up. Clean it up. Maintain it.
Don’t know what 802.11ac or a Layer 3 switch is? Don’t worry – that’s why we’re here! Our techs have been installing networks (LANs) from the ground up since 2006. Doing everything from running low voltage wiring to organizing everything in a labeled, tidy network rack. If your network closet or rack looks like a terrifying nest of wires, we’ll clean it up.
Some considerations for your office network setup:
- How many users do you currently have? Are you planning on growing in the near future? (This helps us to determine the appropriate equipment, such as switching infrastructure)
- How important is uptime? (Even the best internet service providers (ISPs) have outages now and again. If your business cannot afford any downtime, we can configure an automatic ISP failover or redundant internet connection)
- Do you have wireless devices, and would you like to offer wireless Internet to your guests? We have plenty of experience installing a robust, secure wireless network in addition to your wired network infrastructure
- Where is your network equipment housed? This is especially important when clients are moving or remodeling because we want to ensure that the infrastructure is housed in a climate-controlled room or closet with adequate ventilation
- How often does your office experience power outages? We recommend installing an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), also known as a battery backup unit, which powers your network hardware (firewall, switch, and wireless access points) in the event of a power failure